Individuals ought to anticipate to interact in quite a lot of duties relying on which division inside FCNL they’re assigned to. Previous summer time intern initiatives have included:
- Researching and consolidating details about members of Congress
- Delivering letters to Hill workplaces
- Assembling mailings to donors
- Creating an alumni/ae listing of previous contributors of FCNL’s younger grownup packages
- Cellphone banking for FCNL occasions
- Conducting a complete survey of Quaker conferences
- Coordinating a letter to the editor marketing campaign
- Working with FCNL’s constituent database
Interns are additionally inspired to hunt out and attend digital boards at assume tanks, congressional briefings, coalition conferences, and different networking occasions (about 1 or 2 every week).
A accomplished software will embrace:
- An software kind.
- Resume (together with training, work, extracurricular, and volunteer expertise).
- One letter of advice from a reference. Letters are due on the day that purposes are due, March 25, 2022. No exceptions shall be made for late letters. Letters must be despatched to email@example.com.
Functions are due on March 25, 2022.
FCNL presents a stipend of $3600 for the eight-week internship. Interns are anticipated to observe the FCNL work week which is M-F from 9-5:30 pm EST daily with an hour break for lunch. Interns are anticipated to be bodily positioned within the Washington, DC space and shall be working in individual within the FCNL workplace at the least three days every week. The internship program begins with orientation on June 6, 2022, and this system runs by way of July 29, 2022. Orientation is required and you’re required to be out there for the complete two months.
Along with working carefully with knowledgeable employees member at FCNL, interns can have alternatives to take part in lobbying, organizing and coverage occasions.